– You have shit taste in music.
— It’s not shit, it’s eclectic.
– Eclectic? Is just a fancy word to convince yourself it isn’t shit.
— Look, music is subjective. So you have no right to decide what is and isn’t shit.
– Would you be embarrassed to play it in front of someone else?
— It makes me happy when I listen to it.
– But would you be embarrassed?
— … I’m letting you look at it aren’t I?
– Yeah, and I’m saying you should be embarrassed.
— Alright hipster. Let’s look at your collection then. If you’re so cool.
– Fine, I have nothing to be ashamed of.
– Well there might be one or two guilty pleasures on there…
— AHA! And why do you have those guilty pleasures?
– Because they make me smile.
— See. The difference is I don’t have the guilt.
– Or the good music around the cheesy crap.
— How dare you. Hamilton is good music. It’s hip hop. It won an Emmy.
– Using musical theatre as your defence just proves my point.
— Musical theatre is good!
– Is it though?
– Mama Mia…
— Is a jukebox musical and therefore doesn’t count.
– That feels a little bit like cheating.
— If I wanted Abba’s music on my ipod then I’d have Abba.
– Do you have Abba?
– Oh my god do you have Abba on here?!
— Only a couple of tracks…
– (Laughing) Of COURSE you have Abba. Your shuffle is like a wedding DJs playlist.
– And not a good wedding DJ.
— I would happily just put my phone on shuffle at my wedding.
– You would.
— I’d maybe take off some of the musicals first…
— … but not because it’s bad music! Because it’s plot driven and that doesn’t work out of context in a shuffle!
— You’re the worst.
– Like your taste in music.
– Oh I’m sorry. It’s not bad really.
— It’s fine. I know I’m not cool.
– You were when I didn’t know you properly.
– No I just meant… I thought you were cool. It’s why I wanted to hang out with you.
— And then you did and learned the error of your ways.
– And then I did and realised I like your uncool better.
— It doesn’t exactly fit though does it.
— Well, with your whole indie hipster actually cool thing.
– Sure it does. Besides, that’s all front. You know that.
— Hmmm, I’m not sure.
– Hi, remember what’s on my ankle?
— Oh yeah. Loser.