– I feel like I never see you.
— We live together.
– So? That doesn’t change anything.
— You’re the first thing I see when I wake up every morning, and the last thing I see at night.
– But we never spend any time together.
— We eat together, we sleep together. We spend all our time together.
– That’s not proper time though.
— What do you mean? What is “proper time”?
– Time when we actually talk to each other. About things that aren’t bills or washing up.
— We’re talking right now.
– We’re arguing right now.
— We aren’t arguing.
– It feels like it.
— We’ll we aren’t.
– It feels like that’s all we ever do anymore.
— How can it be if you never see me?
– Don’t make a joke of this.
— Well I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what you want from me.
– I just want you.
— I don’t think that’s true.
– It is! I just want you, and to be happy. For things to be like they used to be.
— Things change. That’s part of life. Things aren’t going to be like they used to be.
– I haven’t changed.
— Of course you have. We both have.
– We… has they way you feel about me changed?
— I didn’t say that.
– You didn’t have to.
— Don’t put words into my mouth.
– Don’t avoid the question.
— It’s a ridiculous question and I’m not going to answer it.
– It is not a ridiculous question. The fact you won’t answer it makes it perfectly valid. Ask me the same thing. Go on. I’ll answer you straight away.
— Stop. Stop pushing this.
– I’m not pushing anything. I have a right to know. And the fact that you won’t answer and are still avoiding the question tells me everything I need to know really. It shouldn’t be a hard question to answer. Do you feel the same about me? Do you even still want to be with me?
— You know what? Right now, while you’re being like this, maybe I don’t.