– So, how did it go? Tell me everything.
— Everything? Really? Okay. Well. You know how I’d barely heard anything from him before?
— And I thought he was meeting at the train station.
— So my train pulls up, and I get off, and I can’t see him anywhere. I can’t see anyone waiting at all.
— And 5 minutes pass. Still no sign. 10 minutes. I’ve been standing there 15 minutes when I get a message from him asking where I am.
Turns out he thought we were going to meet at the cafe, so he’d been sitting there for 15 minutes thinking I’d stood HIM up.
– Oh bub. So did you go to him?
— I tried to. He gave me directions from the station. But–
– –you got lost didn’t you?
— Yeah, a little bit.
– Haha. Did you ever actually make it to the guy?
— Eventually. But by the time I got there he only had about 20 minutes before he had to leave.
– Oh god. Was it super awkward?
— No actually. It was really nice. We had something to laugh about and it kind of broke the ice. Plus the cake was great. He asked to see me again.
– And are you going to?
— Yeah, I think so. I’ll wait a few days to tell him though. Got to play it cool.
– Why? Why do you have to play it cool?
— Because, that’s what you do.
– But it’s stupid.
— Everyone does it. If you don’t you look keen.
– Why is that a bad thing? Why can’t we just tell each other how we feel?
— Because… It’s weird.
– Ugh. This is why I’m single isn’t it?